Blow up your TV, throw away your paper, go to the country, build you a home:
- “For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
- Abolish the FDA. Along with the public school system (pardon the language) and the media. (Related: “The US Federal Government demanded that in exchange for legal protection … with regard to Covid-19 treatment only what they approved for said use could be used.“ Related. Related. Related—pardon the language again.)
- “[T]here has not been a specifically negative world strategy that has emerged in Evangelical Protestantism.”
- “At least 300 people have been murdered in Philadelphia so far this year, including nearly 30 children under the age of 18.” (Related. And yes, as a reminder, this does have everything to do with BLM.)
- “The story of Jesus is our story.” (Related: “The framework of Paul’s thought is constituted neither by a system of doctrines nor by his personal religious experience but by a ‘sacred story,’ a narrative structure.” Related: John Whale: “The Gospels cannot explain the Resurrection; it is the Resurrection which alone explains the Gospels.”)
- “It has never been easier to distinguish art from propaganda, as the latter is becoming constantly more and more predictable. Which art by definition never is.”
- “The last book of the Bible ends, not with the company of the saved being taken up into heaven, but with the New Jerusalem coming down from heaven to earth, resulting in God’s new creation.”
“I finally understood they were lying to me” (language warning).
What do we know about the Philistines?
“[I]t is only when you know the when and the where, as well as the who and the what, that you can really know the why, which is perhaps the most important question that the artist, or for that matter any of us, is ever called on to answer.” (Related. Related.)
Kenneth Porter: “They haled him trembling to the Judgment Seat. / ‘O Lord, the man who made the nails that pierced Thy hands and feet!’ / The Master laid a thin, scarred hand upon the shame-bowed head. / ‘They were good nails,’ he said.”